Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter

This was my first holiday that we've "hosted"... we always managed to get invited somewhere or be with family for previous days. So it was a nice challenge for me:

The guests:

My sister Marie, brother Nate, Kanesha and their baby Delion. Steve's brother Charley, and a buddy Steve works with on base.

The menu:

Coca-Cola Ham
Sweet Potato Casserole
Green Bean Casserole
Sweet Corn Pudding
Deviled Eggs
Fresh Veggies

...and a divine Carrot Cake with cream cheese frosting I made that even STEVE loves!


We did a little egg hunt in the backyard and Leo cleaned house, observant boy that he is!
Christ is Risen, Alleluia, Alleluia!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Happy Easter...and you are making me hungry again!! WOuld love to have that carrot cake recipe if you get a chance. Ellie, my mom blew up one of the pics you took of my and my sisters from the wedding to a 16x20...and it is GORGEOUS!

O Mama Mia said...

AWESOME!!! So will you be posting this amazing carrot cake recipe? I'm sure if you can get Steve to eat it, I can convince Griff to eat it too!
I'm so happy to see you take on the hostess challenge! I'm positive that you were the hostess with the mostest, girl!!