Thursday, May 28, 2009

small successes

FaithButtonHere is an idea as a pick-me-up from Faith & Family. Sometimes I start to feel overwhelmed with what I have to do and how there is still so much to prepare for the new baby (just over 3 weeks away now!!!) etc., etc., so this helped to list 3 small successes, which for mothers can amount to a tremendous success!


1- I cleaned every nook and cranny of my kitchen counter-tops. No small feat.


2- I have been diligent in getting into the Great Outdoors with the boys at least 3-4 times a week; this has proved tremendously worthwhile in the adventures,
exploring and good old bonding times we've had. We're trying to be in different
habitats... visits to the pond, beach, forest, and fields... I'm thankful for
where we live. Also began nature journaling!


3- Refining, refining, refining our curriculum and learning center plans for next
fall. It's ever a work in progress but it FEELS like a success whenever I add in
a nugget of wisdom, great idea or book, or delete/modify current plans. For not
being a huge planner in day-to-day life, I LOVE homeschool planning. Check out
our seasonal notebooks I made: chock full of themes, ideas, feastdays, reading
lists and crafts for each time of year. There will be constant additions to this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, those notebooks look awesome. Nice work!

ViolinMama said...

Oh wow!!! Those notebooks are so incredible! You are so inspirational!!

Many Kudos to you!!!! Awesome, and God Bless!!!

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

such a great reminder, those notebooks do look great